- Triathlon : Falmouth Sprint Triathlon :
Saturday, July 12, 2014
Surf Drive Beach
2014 Falmouth Sprint Triathlon:
• The Tours race of greatest demand! And why not, since breath-taking Atlantic Ocean vistas and Martha's Vineyard are with you most of the way.
• A 'must-do' event for triathletes of every ability level!
• Swim start field limit: 750 entrants and sold out in record pace last year!
• • •
- 1/3-mile swim: rectangle design; Atlantic Ocean in Nantucket Sound; normally in low to mid-70s.
- 9-mile bike: scenic loop along the Falmouth Road Race course. Some strategic twists n turns and gently rolling terrain.
- 3.1-mile run: flat, scenic, ocean-hugging, out-and-back along Surf Drive and onto the bike path towards Woods Hole.
Directions to the Falmouth Triathlon
From Boston: At the Route 3/Route 128 split in Braintree, take Route 3 South, 42 miles towards the Sagamore Bridge. Before the Bridge, bear right onto Exit 1-A (Route 6 West/ Buzzards Bay/ Falmouth). Follow Cape Cod Canal (on left) 4 miles to/over the Bourne Bridge. Over the bridge, take Route 28 South 15 miles to Falmouth center (Route 28 is Main Street in the center). On Main Street turn right on Shore Street (Barbo's Furniture on right...you've gone too far if you pass White Hen Pantry on left)...and follow just 1/2 mile to its end to Surf Drive Beach. 2 hours from Boston.
VITAL PARKING NOTICE: In the past, athletes have been permitted to park near the race venue along side streets. For the 2007 race, responding to neighborhood comments about the slamming of car doors and loud voices during the 5:00-7:00am pre-race period, we successfully engineered a plan where vehicles parked in Falmouth town lots located ½ to 1-mile away from the Surf Drive Beach venue. You will need to give yourself an extra 15 to 30 minutes prep time for these away-from-beach procedures. More detailed information will be included in your confirmation of entry packet. NOTE: our chances for obtaining future race permits will hinge DIRECTLY on our athletes adherence to our parking and noise abatement procedures. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
2013 Results at allsportsevents.com: Searchable
2012 Results at coolrunning.com: Overall / Age Group / Relay / Printable
2011 Results at: coolrunning.com
2010 Results at: coolrunning.com
2009 Results at: timeoutproductions.com or coolrunning.com
1998-2009 Results at: timeoutproductions.com
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps