Blues On Barton...

  • Running : 5K Run :
  • Running : Kids Fun Run : Kids Race

Race Date: Saturday, August 12, 2017


Address: Churchill Elementary

City: Oswego

State/Terr: Illinois

Zip: 60543

Country: USA

Race Website:


About this event: Blues on Barton 5K is a Charity Fundraiser, made possible with the partnership of sponsors to raise awareness and needed funds toward Brain Cancer research, as well as causes local to the Oswegoland area. In 2011, the first year we held an informal event, Blues on Barton raised almost $1500 for one of the Churchill Elementary School teachers who had recently been diagnosed with ALS. The next summer, as the event grew larger, we raised almost $2500 for the Lederman family, who’s son was tragically killed in a game of little league baseball. In 2013 we raised over $15,000 for Karing for Kyla. Kyla is a 9 year old girl who suffers from developmental delay, gross motor delay and Atrial Septal Defect and Cerebral Palsy. In 2014 we raised over $14,000, for Caitlin Christensen, who passed from cancer, and for Matt Robbie who is battling Hodgkin’s. This year we are raising money for Sonja Staelgraeve who last summer was diagnosed with Lung Cancer, and recently had one of her lungs removed. Brittney Nguyen, a single mother of two, who is battling Stage 4 Liver Cancer, and The Ruiz Family, who just tragically lost their 8 year old son to a Neuroblastoma in his brain, and who’s eldest son is struggling with Cerebral Palsy. Again in 2015 the Blues on Barton 5K will offer a variety of events to target all walks of life: from athletes, recreational runners, seniors, and children through our kid’s race. 90% of all net proceeds will be split evenly between the Staelgraeve, Nguyen and Ruiz Families, the remaining 10% towards Brain Cancer research.

Other Info:

• 2017 race registration is open.

Registration Information.

• • •

Previous Results: 2013 Results at Searchable


<< Find Other RoadRace Events In Illinois

Trifind the American triathlon calendar provides past, present and current triathlon resources- including triathlon results, triathlon events directory, triathlon coaches listing and triathlons for beginners. Trifind also have an extensive blog section with up to date news and events in categories such as adventure cycling, centure bike rides, kids bike races and news in triathlon, cycling, running, nutrition and fitness sections.