- Running : 1 Mile Run / Walk :
- Running : 5K Run / Walk :
Race Date: Saturday, January 21, 2017
Location: New Beginnings Therapeutic Riding
Address: 600 Bill Ferguson Rd
City: Bowling Green
We are asking you and/or your organization/business to support our annual fundraiser the Resolution Run (a 5K and a 1 Mile Kid’s Run/Walk) at our location on Saturday, January 21, 2017. All proceeds will benefit New Beginnings Therapeutic Riding.
New Beginnings Therapeutic Riding, Inc. ("NBTR") is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to serving individuals with mental, physical, behavioral, and emotional disabilities by enhancing their lives through the power of horses. Therapeutic riding provides both physical and mental benefits to the rider. Physically, it allows individuals to experience the rhythmic motion of a horse which improves balance, muscle strength, and flexibility. This movement, which mimics the human gait, allows those with limitations to enjoy the same freedom we often take for granted. Mentally, it builds self-esteem, confidence, and coordination. While on the horse, riders are involved in activities to promote gross and fine motor skills, cognitive, and social skills.
NBTR can be found on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and its website: www.nbtr-bg.org.
Event details and schedule
5K Run/Walk and 1 Mile Kid’s Fun Run/Walk RACE INFORMATION:
Saturday, January 21, 2017 at NBTR, 600 Bill Ferguson Road, Bowling Green, KY 42101
• Race packets can be picked up on Race Day at Check-in
• Not a timed race
• Registration includes hooded sweatshirt on Race Day, goodie bag, water and post-run breakfast by Wild Eggs beginning at 9:30 a.m.
• 7:30 a.m. – Check-in; 9:00 a.m. – 5K Run/Walk Start Time; 9:15 a.m. – 1 Mile Kid’s Fun Run/Walk
• NO REFUNDS or TRANSFERS - If you are unable to attend, please contact 270.777.3600. If you wish for your goodie bag and hoodie to be mailed to you, it will be at runner’s expense.
• All proceeds benefit New Beginnings Therapeutic Riding
• Alternative weather date: Saturday, February 18, 2017
o $30 – 5K RUN/WALK Pre-Registration before January 9 – Ages 13 and up
o $35 – 5K RUN/WALK Registration after January 9 – Ages 13 and up
o $25 – 1 MILE KID’S FUN RUN/WALK Pre-Registration before January 9 – Ages 12 and under
o $30 – 1 MILE KID’S FUN RUN/WALK Registration after January 9 – Ages 12 and under
• 2017 race registration is open.
• Registration Information.
Find Running Races by State
• Marathon Training Plan
• Half Marathon Training Plan
• 10K Training Plan
• 5K Training Plan