Dawn Farm Ride for Recovery
- Cycling : 100K Metric Century :
- Cycling : 40 mile :
- Cycling : 25 mile :
- Cycling : 10K :
- Running : 5k/10k :
- Running : 5k/10k :
Race Date: Sunday, April 30, 2017
Start Time: 08:00 am
Entry Fee: $25.00 until April 1, 2017; $35.00 after April 1. 2017
Location: Dawn Farm
Address: 6633 Stony Creek Road
E-Mail: [email protected]
Race Website: http://www.dawnfarm.org
- The Ride for Recovery is a family- fun fitness event with opportunities to participate at various fitness levels, including 10 K, 25 mile, 40 mile, and 100 K bike rides and a 5K/10K run/walk. Routes are along scenic, country roads and through a local Metro Park. There will be rest stops positioned along the routes with restroom facilities, drinks, snacks and First Aid. SAG support will offer participants assistance on all routes. The event is supported by Team MANA, a team of nurse anesthetists in Michigan who raise awareness and funds for various organizations through cycling. This event has been officially endorsed annually by the Michigan Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sport; endorsement for 2017 is in process. The event will include breakfast snacks and a Recovery Celebration Lunch.
In addition to a fitness event that the entire family can enjoy, the Ride for Recovery provides an opportunity to support a critical community service. Founded in 1973, Dawn Farm provides effective, compassionate and hope-filled professional care to members of our community who struggle with alcohol or drug addiction. Dawn Farm's continuum of services includes residential treatment, detoxification services, outpatient treatment, transitional housing, and community outreach programs. Dawn Farm is committed to helping people find recovery, regardless of their ability to pay. Community support for events like the Ride for Recovery helps to keep these vital services available for those who need them most!
All events begin and end at Dawn Farm, 6633 Stony Creek Road, Ypsilanti, Michigan, 48197 (easily accessible from major highways.) Location map: http://www.dawnfarm.org/about/location.
DATE and TIME:
Sunday, April 30, 2017, 8:00 am to 2:00 pm; on-site registration will open at 7:00 am.
Bike Rides: (Helmets are mandatory for all riders)
100K Metric Century "Serenity" ride - starts 8:00 am.
40 mile "Honesty" ride - starts 8:00 am.
25 mile "Openness" ride - starts 9:00 am.
10K "Willingness" ride – starts 10:00 am.
* 5k/10k "Stony Creek Shuffle" walk/run starts 10:30 am.
* (Roads will be closed to through traffic during the run/walk)
Registration: will begin at 7:00 am until 10:30 am
Breakfast snacks: 7:00 to 9:00 am
Recovery Celebration Lunch (with hot food) from 11:00 am to 1:30 pm.
The registration fee is $25.00 through April 1, 2017 and $35.00 after April 1. Registration includes an event t-shirt, light breakfast snacks and the Recovery Celebration Lunch. *Note-we are unable to guarantee an event t-shirt or lunch for those who register the day of the event.
A fundraising goal of $50.00 is suggested but not mandatory.
Guests: The registration fee is $5.00 for guests who will not be participating in a bike ride or run/walk, but will be participating in the Recovery Celebration Lunch.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Dawn Farm
Address: 6633 Stony Creek Road, Ypsilanti Michigan 48197.
Contact person: Olivia Vigiletti, Dawn Farm Development Director.
Email: [email protected]
Web site: http://www.dawnfarm.org
Find Running Races by State
• Marathon Training Plan
• Half Marathon Training Plan
• 10K Training Plan
• 5K Training Plan