- Running : Asheville Citizen-Times Half Marathon :
- Running : Asheville Citizen-Times 5K :
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Half Marathon begins at 7:15 a.m. 5K begins at 7:30 a.m.
Half Marathon: December 1, 2011-March 31, 2012: $45, April 1-June 30, 2012: $55, July 1-September 14, 2012: $65 5K Run & Walk: December 1, 2011-March 31, 2012: $20, April 1-June 30, 2012: $25, July 1-September 15, 2011: $30
Please join us for the Southeast's most scenic and challenging runs, voted as "one of the top best half marathons in the Southeast" by Blue Ridge Outdoors magazine. Come for the run and then take some time to enjoy the many pleasures of Asheville and Western North Carolina. Our event offers...
- A challenging half marathon route that navigates through the heart of downtown Asheville; through scenic and friendly neighborhoods with incredible skyline views, and around picturesque Beaver Lake. Run to the beat of music on the course, 12 aid stations, and tremendous support from local residents.
- A walker-friendly 5K course through historic downtown Asheville
- An unparalleled race destination weekend in Asheville.
- After the race, take some time to enjoy world-class local food and dining, shopping, a nationally recognized music scene (Rolling Stone, 2008), spectacular wine and craft beers (Best Craft Beer City in America, 2009 & 2010), thriving arts and crafts, plus golf and outdoor adventures, and much more.
The Half-Marathon route navigates through the heart of downtown Asheville; through the Grove Park Inn neighborhood, then heads north along beautiful Kimberly Avenue and Country Club roads; around picturesque Beaver Lake and into in the Town of Woodfin. It returns south around UNC Asheville to Broadway, and then heads back into downtown to the finish at the Asheville Citizen-Times.
5K Run and Walk
5K course follows the half marathon course for 1.5 miles before heading back to downtown and finishing in front of the Citizen-Times.
Both races begin and end in front of the Asheville Citizen-Times in downtown Asheville, located at 14 Ohenry Ave., Asheville, NC 28801.
From I-240 West into Asheville, take exit 4C:
- Turn left on to Montford Avenue at the light at the end of the ramp. At the next light, turn left on to Haywood Street.
- At the next light, turn right on to O. Henry Avenue.
- The Asheville Citizen-Times is approximately 200 yards down at 14 Ohenry Avenue, on the right.
From I-240 East into Asheville, take exit 4C:
- Drive straight through the light at the end of the ramp on to Ohenry Avenue.
- The Asheville Citizen-Times is approximately 200 yards down Ohenry Avenue, on the right.
All race participants should plan on finishing the race by 11:00 a.m. (17:10 per mile). Those not maintaining this pace or still on the course at this time will have to stay on sidewalks and adhere to traffic rules until reaching the finish line.
Comfort and First Aid Stations
There are twelve comfort stations on the half marathon course, spaced at about every mile. Water will be served at the stations 1 and 2 with Gatorade served at every station beginning at mile 3. Pretzels will be available on the half marathon course after Mile 6. There will be two comfort stations on the 5K course serving water.
Mission Sports Medicine will have medical personnel will be present throughout the event. There will be two First Aid Stations on the course at Mile Points 4 and 10. There will be a complete medical tent at the finish line.
Portable toilets will be available next to the ATT&T building north of the Citizen-Times building, and at each aid station along the half marathon and 5K course.
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps