A National Race Series Supporting Pediatric Cancer
Since 2012 – Over 150 Races & Thousands of Smiles
A Cool Fundraiser & Birthday Party Idea
Official Site: www.GreatAmazingRace.com.
A national D.I.T. (Do-It-Together) family-friendly race competition modeled after the TV show THE AMAZING RACE . For teams of two people (adults & kids grades K-12)... be it friends, family members, neighbors or co-workers. It's way more fun than a 5K! Recreation & competitive levels. The top 25 teams from each local race qualify for regional championship race and chance to win $1,500! Reserve your spot now as registration will close once 120 team limit is reached.
CHARITY PARTNER: Help us fight pediatric cancer by donating 2 pairs of used sneakers or running shoes to Max Cure Foundation's Dunk Your Kicks program and receive a 2 minute time eraser token for the race. (www.DunkYourKicks.org)
RACE DESCRIPTION: Modeled after the popular television show "THE AMAZING RACE", teams of two people (adult/adult, adult/kid or kid/kid) race against other teams around a one-mile cross country course completing a string of fun challenges speckled every 200 yards. Clue Cards provided at each station directs teams to perform a task that requires teamwork, before proceeding to the next challenge station. Teams strive to arrive at the finish line with the fastest overall time to be declared the winners. Waves begin every 10 minutes … kids teams, then adult teams.
1. Recreation & Competitive Levels. Challenge stations include varying levels of difficulty- easy, intermediate and difficult - based on age and fitness level of the participants. Be aware that the competitive course consumes energies equivalent to a 5K race.
2. Registration info. Teams of two persons only: adult/kid, kid/kid or adult/adult. Children in Pre-K and Kindergarten must be paired with an adult.
3. Teachers, military, police, fire & EMS receive special pricing through the www.GreatAmazingRace.com portal only.
4. Fund Raising Programs. Groups & schools can receive $100-$120 payment for every 10 teams represented in the Race. Sign up through the www.GreatAmazingRace.com portal only.
5. Awards & Advancement. Medals are presented to the winners of each of 4 race divisions, which are determined by grade of youngest team member ... Grades K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-9 and Grades 10-Adult teams. The top 25 finishers of each local competition qualify for Regional Championship Race and chance to win $1,500!
6. Sponsorship. Sponsorship with THE GREAT AMAZING RACE Series offers many exciting exposure possibilities for your company. Please contact us at [email protected] to discuss corporate and small business sponsorship opportunities.
For the first time in it’s history the Eugene Marathon has been cancelled due to the Covid-19 Virus. The 2020 event had been scheduled for… ...
The Steamtown Marathon is held in northeastern Pennsylvania on the Sunday before Columbus Day. The annual event draws over 1,000 athletes every year. The 26.2… ...
New study shows that following in the slipstream of another puts runners at risk of COVID-19. 2 Meters is an ok distance when only jogging,… ...
The Boston Athletic Association (B.A.A.) has been meeting regularly with city and state officials to discuss all updates related to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Governor Charlie… ...
If you’re a runner we’re pretty sure you’ve been in a similar situation where you strongly believe that you can push yourself go further… ...
According to a latest research conducted by Glasgow Caledonian University, people who use running as their main physical activity are happier than the rest… ...