Lace up your favorite sneaks for the biggest running event in Tucson, the 10th Annual TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run and Walk.
The 2015 version is the RRCA West Regional 5k Championships, and with more than $4,000 in prize money, some of the best runners in the country will be hand. Beer garden, after-party, live music and more . . .
To add to the excitement, we've added the Run Tucson Friday Night Festival of Miles, a series of mile races held on Friday night May 27th. Prize money, tutu and kilt divisions, RRCA State Championship prizes, and all sorts of fun.
Come visit us in the desert -- we're a great running town and you'll have the time of your life!
Known as MMD (#MMD), the race has morphed into a city-wide block party, with a free beer garden hosted by beneficiary the Junior League of Tucson; a free concert headlined by LeeAnne Savage with other bands along the route; and an after-party on the patio of Tucson's iconic Hotel Congress.
To promote family exercise of all ages and abilities, MMD focuses on family-friendly activities, including a free FitKidz One Mile Walk/Run, jumping castles courtesy of Cox Communications, kids activities hosted by TMC, and free entry into race beneficiary the Children's Museum. All participants receive a free t-shirt with our unique Tucson-flavored artwork. (Special thanks to race sponsor TucsonLifestyle.com for the race description!)
We're proud to be Tucson largest running race.
1) Want a bed and breakfast steps from the starting line? Check out the Royal Elizabeth. Click here. Pricing at about $200 a night, in the heart of Downtown.
2) Want an upscale, classic, romantic location near the University of Arizona? Check out the historic Arizona Inn, starting at $99 per night.
3) Want an inexpensive highway hotel? The Hotel Tucson City Center is offering the rate of $59. Just mention that you're with the Southern Arizona Roadrunners at the Hotel Tucson City Center, an InnSuites Boutique Collection Hotel at 475 N. Granada Ave. Call 520-622-3000 ext. 808.
Free Children's Mile at 6:30 PM and 5k race and walk at 7:00 PM.
POST RACE UPDATES:
* Free beer for over 21 participants will be served by The Junior League of Tucson
* LeeAnne Savage concert and a Cirque Roots Fire Show will sparkle the night sky;
* 7 trucks have signed on for the 5th Annual Food Truck Running Race Round Run!
* Hotel Congress After-Party Details Confirmed: For the 10th year in a row, Hotel Congress will host the annual after-party. Want something more relaxing? Head over to Maynard's Kitchen for a nice meal and quiet drinks, with special food and drink discounts for all participants with a bib number.
For the first time in it’s history the Eugene Marathon has been cancelled due to the Covid-19 Virus. The 2020 event had been scheduled for… ...
New study shows that following in the slipstream of another puts runners at risk of COVID-19. 2 Meters is an ok distance when only jogging,… ...
The Boston Athletic Association (B.A.A.) has been meeting regularly with city and state officials to discuss all updates related to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Governor Charlie… ...
If you’re a runner we’re pretty sure you’ve been in a similar situation where you strongly believe that you can push yourself go further… ...
According to a latest research conducted by Glasgow Caledonian University, people who use running as their main physical activity are happier than the rest… ...