Promoting HEALTH, FITNESS and FUN
The North Dakota CattleWomen (NDCW) and its partners will showcase the heart-healthy benefits of BEEF during its 6th annual "Beefin' It Up; Fuel for the Finish" 5K Run/Walk and 10K Run on July 14th, 2017. This year's event will again include a special race for the smallest of our cowboys and cowgirls! We are offering the kids a half-mile run. For the folks who won't find themselves near Mandan we are also offering a unique "Virtual" run which can be completed by the participant at any time during race week.
The race is open to everyone, from dedicated athletes to individuals who just want to get some heart-healthy exercise. High-quality, nutrient-dense protein, like beef, play an important role in overall health and wellness. That is why the NDCW is pleased to sponsor this event and share its worthy message throughout the state. In previous races, the NDCW used race proceeds to donate educational beef books to libraries across the state. After the 2015 race we have been able to purchase over 1,200 books for schools and libraries across the state in the 4 year history of the Beef Run!!
Eating nutrient-dense beef as part of a balanced diet and being physically active can be part of the solution to maintaining a healthy weight and a growing body of evidence shows the nutrients in lean beef, such as protein, iron and B-vitamins, help maintain a healthy weight, build muscle and fuel physical activity.
Find more information about the “Beefin’ It Up; Fuel for the Finish” 5K Run/Walk and 10K Run, at the event’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BeefinItUpFuelForTheFinish
- Race day registration begins at 5:00 pm until 6:45 pm at The Post, 2 miles South of Mandan on Highway 1806 on the west side of the highway. There will be parking available. 10K run will begin approximately at 7:00 pm; 5K run at 7:10 pm; 5K walk at 7:20 pm with the kids run to follow starting approximately at 8:15 pm. There will be a scavenger hunt and coloring pages to occupy the youngsters while their parents are participating in the run/walk. The kid run is for anyone 10 and under.
- The 5K/10K route will follow paved trails and roads from The Post along the beautiful Missouri River into Fort Lincoln State Park.
- The run/walk will be professionally chip timed by Competitive Timing with the race results available after the race has been completed at: http://CompetitiveTiming.com
- Your pre-registration will include a race shirt! Those who register after July 1st will be on a 1st come, 1st serve basis as long as they last. The t-shirts will be a long sleeve, moisture wick shirt available in an adult men's size and also in youth sizes for the smaller participants.
- All Participants will receive a Medal upon completion along with beverage and healthy re-fuel snacks provided by the North Dakota CattleWomen.
- There will be a small processing fee included with your on-line registration.
Central NYC Stadium