This earth-friendly event features a spectacularly scenic course in rural Eastern Connecticut that begins and ends at the Comstock Covered Bridge and follows the Salmon River through State Forest and along an old railroad bed. The race features varied terrain of pavement, dirt road and improved trail, a fast downhill finish, an awards ceremony and an amazing post-race barbeque that includes locally grown and sourced food and beverages.
2018 - taking flight - Jennie Cohen 34:12
• The USATF certified 5.41 mile course (CT08007JHP) offers varied terrain beginning in front of the historic Comstock Covered Bridge at the Colchester/East Hampton town line.
• The first paved mile follows Comstock Bridge Road northeast at a moderate incline.
• Then the course bears right onto the seasonal and scenic River Road where approximately 1.5 miles are run on gravel surface and runners are treated to lovely views of the Salmon River and the many fly fishermen drawn to its banks at this time of year.
• At about 2.5 miles, the course passes under an old brownstone railroad trestle then veers sharply left onto the historic Airline Trail for a couple of flat and scenic miles on improved trail bed.
2018 - Bonnie Lathrop 35:40
• Just past the 4 mile mark, another sharp left loops runners back onto pavement for a long, fast, and mostly downhill stretch on Bull Hill Road and back to the finish at the Comstock Covered Bridge.
From Norwich: take Route 2 west to Exit 18 and make a left onto Rt. 16. Follow Rt. 16 west for 6.2 miles. The State Park and Firemen's Field will be on your left hand side.
From New London: follow Route 11 north to Route 2 west to Exit 18 and make a left onto Rt. 16. Follow Rt. 16 west for 6.2 miles. The State Park and Firemen's Field will be on your left hand side.
From Middletown: follow Rt. 66 east to Rt. 16, and follow Rt. 16 east for 5.5 miles. The State Park and Firemen's Field will be on your right hand side.
From Hartford: follow Rt. 2 east to exit 16. Make a right onto Rt. 149 and follow Rt. 149 south for 3.2 miles then turn right onto Rt. 16. Follow Rt. 16 west for 1.9 miles. The State Park and Firemen's Field will be on your left hand side.
Map & Directions
2016 - Under the stone bridge
2017 Results at iresultslive.com: Overall / Searchable
2016 Results at iresultslive.com: Overall / Searchable
2015 Results at iresultslive.com: Overall / Searchable
2014 Results at coolrunning.com: Overall / Age Group / Printable / Searchable
2013 Results at coolrunning.com: Overall / Printable
2012 Results at thelastmileracing.com: Overall / Age Group
2011 Results at: thelastmileracing.com or coolrunning.com
2010 Results at: thelastmileracing.com or coolrunning.com
2009 Results at: thelastmileracing.com
2008 Results at: thelastmileracing.com
2007 Results at TriFind.com: Overall / Male / Age Group / Female / Age Group
Central NYC Stadium