_ The 2018 Baby Basics 5K Fun Run/Walking Challenge:
The purpose of this event is to raise money for diapers for the babies of families who do not have the financial resources to provide an adequate number of diapers for their babies, and do not receive Federal or State cash assistance. The goal for this year's event is $35,000 which would buy a half trailer-load of diapers for our 400 babies now enrolled in the program
* Baby Basics, founded in 2004, has provided 1800+ babies with over 6 million diapers and impacted the lives of more than 5,000 families.
* Baby Basics is a volunteer organization which is able to purchase diapers for much less than retail price.
* Baby Basics has a screening procedure for eligibility and families are referred to the program by local charities including: St. Matthews House, Habitat for Humanity, Grace Place, Redlands Christian Migrant Association, Catholic Charities, Healthy Start, Salvation Army and the YMCA.
* After Hurricane Irma, Baby Basics continued to provide diapers for children enrolled and through additional donations, was able to provide over 400,000 diapers to babies and families impacted by the storm.
* For the first time this year, we are pleased to announce the collaboration with the Blue Zones (R) Project.
* Baby Basics is a 501(c)(3) Organizations, Donations (not the 5K or Walk registration) are Tax Deductible.
Baby Basics 5K Fun Run and Walking Challenge is conducted to bring our families and volunteers together for a special day of fun and camaraderie and encourage our community to make donations to the program. The cost of registration is used to provide activities and food for the event and is not considered a donation.
One child under 13 may walk with each parent or guardian. Additional children must be registered at $10.00 each.
Event details and schedule
On Line Registration Closes January 17, 2018
8:15 Registration and Check In
9:00 Opening Ceremony
9:15 5K Run begins
9:30 Walk begins
Brunch will be served following the Events.
Participants who register by January 11 will receive a T-shirt.
Join us for great music, great food and great camraderie!
Central NYC Stadium