_ The 7th Annual Run for the Nurses:
The School of Nursing and Health Sciences will hold the 7th annual “Run for the Nurses” event on April 7, 2018 at 7:30 am. The event will include a 5K run and ½ marathon with proceeds assisting in the future education of nurses through The Lisa Purvis Allison “Spirit of Nursing” scholarship at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College in Tifton, Ga.
The 5K runners will follow an out and back route with one water station. The 1/2 marathon runners will follow a figure 8 route with rolling hills, pine trees, and cow pastures along the way. Water stations are available every 2 miles for the 1/2 marathon runners.
All pre-registered participants will receive a technical tee-shirt and imprinted race bag. Race day registered participants will receive a tee-shirt and imprinted race bag while supplies last.
Trophies and Medals: 5K & ½ marathon – Trophy for Overall and Master’s Overall male/female finishers. Medal for top three male and female finishers in 5 year age groups for both races. Custom medal for all ½ marathon finishers. Trophies for the 1st male and female ABAC Alumni finisher in each race.
Event details and schedule
Thank you for participating in the “Run for the Nurses” running event scheduled for April 7, 2018. We wanted to let you know about some details prior to the event.
• Pre-registered runners may pick up packets in the front lobby of the Health Sciences Building from 4:00 – 6:00 pm on Friday April 6 th or on race day.
• Pre-registration and race day registration tables will open at 6:30 am on race day in the lobby of the Health Sciences building. Restrooms are located in the Health Sciences Building. The 5K and ½ marathon will both begin at 7:30 am.
• The races will begin on ABAC Circle in front of the Health Sciences Building close to Moore Hwy. Parking can be found past the Health Sciences building to the left off of Moore Hwy.
• Routes for the races are posted online at http://www.abac.edu/academics/schools/nursing/outreach/run-for-the-nurses under the “Race Information” drop down. The 5K runners will leave campus with an out and back route. There is one hill to tackle on this route going and coming!!! The ½ marathon travels off campus and goes out Carpenter and Zion Hope Roads. Traffic varies closer to campus but should be light as runners travel further out. This route has several rolling hills!!!
• Route roads for the 5K and ½ marathon will not be closed. We will have the assistance of the ABAC Police and Tift County Sheriff’s Office as well as signs and volunteers along the route. Please be aware of traffic!!! We ask that runners travel against the traffic.
• There are 6 water/Gatorade stations along the ½ marathon route and 1 along the 5K route. There will be a port-a-potty at the half-way point of the ½ marathon.
• Both races will end at the Arch on ABAC Circle in front of the Health Sciences Building.
• Bottled water, fruit, and goodies will be available at the finish line for race participants.
• Awards for the 5K will begin at approximately 8:45 am. Awards for the ½ marathon will begin at approximately 10:30 am.
• Results of the races will be posted at http://www.abac.edu/academics/schools/nursing/outreach/run-for-the-nurses the week following the run
2012 Results at: active.com
Central NYC Stadium