_ The 2018 Sweet Southern Discomfort - Alabama:
The grand finale of our three day adventure (or both the start and finish of your one day adventure, if you aren't brave enough for three) is in Sweet Home Alabama, where the skies are so blue! We'll be celebrating Memorial Day in style on the banks of Lake Guntersville, so wear your red, white, and blue and come ready for a barbeque! We'll have post-race hot dogs and pulled pork sandwiches (veggie versions for our non-meat-eating friends), root beer floats, and apple crisp...or you can eat all that stuff during the race if you want.
It's the final day to soak up our Southern hospitality with unlimited food and drink, everything from Gu and gummy bears to potato chips and brownies, and of course we'll have tons of watermelon...you've never seen an aid station like ours! Join the fun as you take on any distance from 5K to marathon and run away from those banjos you hear. No time limit on the last day, so you can go as slow as molasses if you'd like. Our unique multi-lap course means you'll always be with all of your friends, who will become family, because that's just how we do things here in the South.
Join us for one, two, or all three days, mix and match your distances or take on the ultimate challenge of three marathons in three days in three states.
In honor of Memorial Day, a donation for every runner will be given to TAPS, Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, offering compassionate care to family members grieving the loss of a servicemember.
The important info:
- Course will be a paved park path on Lake Guntersville, about a 90 minute drive from the Tennessee location. If you're flying, it's about a 3 hour drive to Atlanta, about 90 minutes to Birmingham.
- Register for one day of the series, receive a hat. Two days, receive a hat and a pint glass. Three days, receive a hat, a pint glass, and a dry bag (perfect for all of those sweaty running clothes!)
- You'll also receive your choice of a plastic cup or water bottle to use at our waterin' hole. It keeps the trash down, and helps you figure out which drink is yours.
- Because everyone has preferences on clothing, we've priced these races low so you can add on things like tank tops, tech shirts, and other fun stuff.
- All distances receive a unique medal. How else will people know you went for a run?
- Strollers are permitted. Pets are not. Have you ever seen a dog attack a bowl of banana pudding? We have. It's not cute.
- No time limit means walkers, run-walkers, runners, skippers, and crawlers are welcome. We're more concerned about you crossing the finish line, not the amount of time it takes you to get there. Our party doesn't stop until the last person does.
- Packet pickup one hour prior to race start.
- Saturday night group dinner will be at Top O' the River restaurant at 5:30pm. Dinner is not included in your race registration fee. Family/friends are welcome to come.
- Virtual runners will be mailed all of their swag the week after the race series.
-) 2018 race registration is open • Registration Information
Central NYC Stadium