• The 3.1 mile run is mostly on trails, with about 1/2 mile on pavement.
• Most of the pavement is at the beginning & end.
• 1 Mile run is 100% on pavement.
• The 3.1 mile course is moderately hilly, mostly on trails.
• Race starts on pavement for first 2/10th mile, then heads into woods.
• Two loops in woods, one steep hill on each loop.
• Slight grassy downhill after second loop, and then head into woods again at about the 2 mile mark for another larger loop that goes over a small wooden bridge that can be slippery when even a little bit wet so be careful.
• It then comes to a clearing and loops around a small pond before heading back, with a fairly steep hill on the trail back to the main road. (final 2/10ths on pavement)
• Once on the main road, turn right, then a quick left onto a paved trail, over a bridge, and then left on paved road about 70 yards down hill to the finish.
- In the woods
3 Mile Course Map
Race Start Location:
• The only way to get to the start is from the south on Mohegan Park Road (not to be confused with Mohegan Road).
• If coming from the north there will be a gate across the road that is always closed.
• Caution: Some of the on line maps don't have all the roads on them, plus have roads in the wrong place. (they show a parking lot as part of a road).
• Plan to arrive early if this is your first time.
• From RT2/169 intersection -(this is where Route 2 ends as a divided highway)- head north on 169.
• Right at first stop light (ox hill rd)
• Right at Mahan Dr.
• (Go past the community college & kelly middle school)
• Left on John Edward Drive.
• Take right at 3 way stop (Wilderness Road) and go 0.4 miles.
• Left at mohegan park road.
• Quick left into parking lots. (watch for children, they will be running in the driveway leading to parking lots)
• look for pavilion and sign up sheets. (race is free - waiver must be signed)
Mohegan Park South Parking Lot:
• 165-247 Mohegan Park Rd
• Norwich, CT
• Map & Directions
2018 Results at: plattsys.com
2017 Results at: plattsys.com
Central NYC Stadium