_ The 2018 Cobden Peach Festival 5k:
15th ANNUAL COBDEN PEACH FESTIVAL 5K RUN/WALK, 1 Mi FUN RUN August 4, 2018
The 5K Run will start at 7:30 a.m. and the 1 Mile Fun Run will start immediately after the end of the 5K (around 8:30 a.m.). The starting point will be at the new Cobden Community Park, located on Locust Street between Old Highway 51 and Appleknocker Road. All races start and end at the same location. The course is relatively flat.
• Proceeds will be used to support the cross-country program in the Cobden School system.
• We are using chip timing this year!!
• Race packet pick up and registration begins at 6:30 a.m. on the day of the race.
• 5k registration fee will be $15 per 5K runner or 5K walker. If you don’t want a T-shirt, the 5k entry fee is $10. There is a $30 entry fee cap for families (any variation of mom, dad, and kids.) Credit cards will be accepted.
• All registered 1 Mile Fun Runners 12 years old or younger are FREE. Those 13 years of age and older who run the 1 mile fun run will be required to pay a $3 registration fee. Those of any age who run or walk the 5K and run the 1 mile fun run will only pay the 5K entry fee.
• ALL WALKERS MUST WALK ONLY! This will be enforced!
• All pre-registered forms must be postmarked by 28 July.
• All registered participants will receive an event T-shirt if they want one. (Designed by Cobden HS art class student.)
• For more information, please call: (618) 713-4245 & leave a message or e-mail [email protected]
• Race results can be found on Facebook at Cobden Runners’/Walkers’ Club.
• The Race Director may cancel, delay, or change the event in case of weather or conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants. In the event of cancellation, refunds will not be issued.
AWARDS: Overall fastest 5K Runners and Walkers (male and female) 1st Place plaque only
Categories: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medallions to men and women in each age category.
Walkers - WOMEN and MEN: 9 & under, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over.
Runners - WOMEN and MEN: 9 & under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and over.
1 Mile Fun Run: All registered finishers who go through the chute will receive a ribbon and their times.
Stroller Division: Participation ribbon.
-) 2018 race registration is open • Registration Information
2017 Results at: runsignup.com
For the first time in it’s history the Eugene Marathon has been cancelled due to the Covid-19 Virus. The 2020 event had been scheduled for… ...
New study shows that following in the slipstream of another puts runners at risk of COVID-19. 2 Meters is an ok distance when only jogging,… ...
The Boston Athletic Association (B.A.A.) has been meeting regularly with city and state officials to discuss all updates related to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Governor Charlie… ...
If you’re a runner we’re pretty sure you’ve been in a similar situation where you strongly believe that you can push yourself go further… ...
According to a latest research conducted by Glasgow Caledonian University, people who use running as their main physical activity are happier than the rest… ...