_ The 2020 Greater Hartford 1/4 Marathon: - VIRTUAL
* * * 2020 QUARTER MARATHON NOW A VIRTUAL EVENT * * *
After evaluating all of our potential options and reviewing the best guidance given by the CDC, the Governor's office, and more, we have decided to not hold any in-person events for the 14th Annual Greater Hartford Quarter Marathon.
We will instead transition to a Virtual Event for 2020.
This is an accurately measured 6.55 Mile USATF Certified Course (CT07002JHP). Course is a double loop on the closed, paved red trail around the Farmington and West Hartford reservoirs. There are no turns, no cars and no intersections. Each loop features a rolling first mile, a climb during the second mile and a significant downhill to flat during the third mile. (Yes, there are hills, but this is New England so we call them rollers).
Water stations will be set-up at approximately miles 1.5, 3.3 and 4.8. The water station at mile 3.3 will also be stocked with Gatorade Endurance and gels in a variety of flavors. If temperatures are predicted to exceed 70 degrees, we will also stock the aid stations at miles 1.5 and 4.8 with Gatorade Endurance.
RACE FIELD IS LIMITED TO 500 RUNNERS. THE RACE SOLD OUT IN 2011 - 2019 AND WILL OUT AGAIN IN 2020.
Race registration includes:
• Entry into the 2020 race.
• Custom designed shirt in both mens' and womens' sizes.
• Bib tag timing (the chip is attached to the back of the race number bib).
• Custom bibs with the runners' names.
• Race morning shuttle bus service from the UConn Health Center Shuttle Lot 3 directly to the start line at the MDC Reservoir. Shuttles will run from 8 a.m. until 9:50 a.m. and will begin running again at 11 a.m. until approximately 12:30 p.m.
• On-course fluid and nutrition support provided by Gatorade Endurance.
• Custom designed finishers medals from Ashworth Awards.
• The best post-race sugar and carb fest around (if you have a special treat youd like to see post-race, let us know).
• The satisfaction of knowing you helped a great organizations.
• Unique age group awards three deep for overall winners and in each of the following categories: Male and Female 13 and under, 14-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+, Athena (women 165+ lbs) and Clydesdale (men 220+ lbs). You must be present to pick up your award -- WE WILL NOT MAIL AWARDS.
• Raffle for all participants -- sure to include lots of Nutella-based products (a favorite of the race director).
• Spring Egg Hunt for all children starting at 10:10am. Over 500 eggs filled with candy and small prizes. We will have 2 "heats" for the egg hunt, 0-36 months and 36 months +.
-) 2020 VIRTUAL race registration is open • Registration Information
2019 Results at: allsportsevents.com
2018 Results at: coolrunning.com
2017 Results at: coolrunning.com
2016 Results at: coolrunning.com
2015 Results at coolrunning.com: Overall / Age Group / Printable
2014 Results at: coolrunning.com
2013 Results at: coolrunning.com
2012 Results at: coolrunning.com
2011 Results at: coolrunning.com
2010 Results at: greystoneracing.net -
2009 Results at: greystoneracing.net -