_ 2017 Girls On Fire Women's Triathlon:
Back for its fourth year, our "Women Only!" event focuses on female empowerment in multisport. A great race for seasoned veterans and first timers alike, this Mother's Day event aims to bring ladies to the forefront of fun and competition. So get your girlz together and come be the center of attention. Afterwards, be pampered only the way Sommer Sports participants can.
Added for this year is our Mother/Daughter team competition. Each team will consist of 1 Mother and 1 Daughter who are both racing the Sprint Distance event. Race against other Mother/Daughter teams to see who can get the fastest combined time!
• The .5 mile and 440 yard swim course are rectangular shaped courses in Lake Minneola.
• The projected water temperature is expected to be 82-84. Wetsuit use is in accordance with USAT rules.
• The 8 mile bike course travels clockwise around Lake Minneola.
• The 16 mile bike course is two laps of the 8 mile bike course.
• Bike Course Map
• The 2 mile and 5K run courses are out and back on the South Lake Trail.
Clermont is located 20 minutes west of Orlando at the intersection of US HWY 27 and State Road 50. From State Road 50 in Clermont, take East Avenue north one mile to Palm Avenue and the entrance to Waterfront Park. Waterfront Park is on the southern shores of Lake Minneola.
Clermont Waterfront Park:
• 330 3rd Street
• Clermont, FL
• Map & Directions
Central NYC Stadium