_ The 2020 Foster the Future 5K/10K Run/Walk:
Foster the Future Run will be a Virtual Run this year where you would cover the distance at a local park or trail on your own or with a smaller group to support the cause. We would still follow-up by mailing you the T-Shirt and provide a Finisher Medal to you. On behalf of the beneficiary and event organizers thank you in advance.
On behalf of our beneficiary partners, thank you for supporting us either as a Sponsor, Virtual Runner or by attending the event in-person. As we all resume participating at various run/walk and wellness festivals managed and operated by Aztlan Athletics, our goal is to make it as safe as possible. Once the municipality and designated county officials lift the restrictions on being able to operate medium to large size events. We are taking the following additional steps to ensure you safely enjoy the event with family and friends:
1. We will place additional hand wash stations at the event site, including sanitizers on tables along the route.
2. Those who have registered for the run will have the option to pick up a protective mask to use at the start, during the event, and take home. We plan to recycle the masks by using a designated FDA / CDC approved sanitizing company to refurbish each mask that is returned.
3. At registration, we will stagger the lines further to ensure there is adequate distance between the participants picking up their bib and t-shirt per the recommendation of CDC at the time of the event as these physical distancing guidelines might change over time. This includes having Aztlan Athletics staff to oversee the area.
4. At the finish line, create several “Finish Shoots” to help create proper physical distancing when collecting Finisher Medals.
5. Install signage reminding participants of the distancing guidelines while enjoying the event safely.
6. Provide goody bags for registrants to use when collecting sponsored items from exhibitors.
If you have additional suggestions as we move along into next year, feel free to provide your comments at [email protected]
Join us on May 16, 2020, at the 5th Annual Foster The Future 5/10K Run/Walk & Youth Wellness Festival in Pasadena, California. The run/walk starts and finishes on the Arroyo Seco Trail, just south of the world famous Rose Bowl! Proceeds from the run/walk benefit Journey House of Pasadena, whose sole purpose is to assist emancipated foster youth to meet their independent living needs. The event founder, Erzhan Smith, a former foster child, was inspired to support and raise awareness about deserving youth and organizations who embody the core principles that empower emancipated youth to become self-sufficient adults. Today, Erzhan and his family are helping to champion emancipated youth wellness in Southern California Did you know that over 4,000 youth “age out” of California’s foster care system each year. According to the Children’s Advocacy Institute, 65% of foster youth “age out” of the system without a place to live, less than 3% go to college, 51% are unemployed, and aged out females are 4 times more likely to receive public assistance than the general population. TOGETHER, we can make a difference. Please join Erzhan and his family at this wonderful event supporting emancipated foster youth. To learn more about Journey House and the important work being done by its staff, visit www.journeyhouseyouth.org.
Pasadena Roving Archers area
415 South Arroyo Blvd, Pasadena CA