_ The 16th Annual Groom Creek Classic : 1/2 Marathon, 10k, 5k Run:
One of the most scenic and challenging 1/2 marathon and 10k courses in Arizona! This challenging course is located in the scenic and cool Ponderosa Pine forest of Groom Creek just 5 miles South of Prescott. The 5k and 2 mile courses stay on smooth pavement with rolling hills. The 10k and 1/2 marathon courses begin and end on pavement, but also wind through the forest on smooth, wide dirt forest roads.
NEW FOR 2019!
- Race is limited to 100 half marathon spots, 60 10k spots, and 50 5k spots. Don't wait!
- We will have a cupless course in 2019. This means that we will not have paper or plastic cups at the water stations on the course. This is in an effort to reduce litter in our forest, and reduce the one-time use of paper and plastic cups. All runners will be given a reusable and foldable hydration bottle at registration. Alternatively, you can wear any hydration pack that works for you! We WILL offer cups at the start/finish line stations. There WILL be water stations throughout the course where you can fill your bottle or hydration pack.
- Bring your own swag bag. Runners will receive an even shirt, hydration bottle, and there will be other giveaways. Along with our efforts to curb waste, we will not be handing out bags to all runners. These plastic bags traditionally are tossed in the garbage once the runners get home. We want to reduce this kind of waste. Should you absolutely need a bag, there will be small plastic garbage bags available on request. We will again be providing free bag check.
SWAG AND AWARDS
- All runners receive an event T-shirt with entry.
- All runners receive a foldable hydration bottle.
- Quality finisher medal for all 1/2 Marathon runners.
- Medals for top 3 finishers in age groups (1/2M, 10K, 5K).
Saturday, September 21, 2019 @ 8:00 AM