_ The 2020 Oceans 50 Relay Race:
Event Description: A 50 mile running relay winding through scenic trails, along the ocean on A1A, over bridges….all with 5 of your best running buddies. Finish it off with a beachside celebration with food and drinks.
How does a relay race work? Create your team of 3-6 runners, assign each runner to what legs they will be running (each person runs twice), pile in a van/truck/wherever you can fit and start running. One person from each team runs at a time, the rest of you hang out in the van cheering them on, giving them water and getting to know each other real well. Then comes the hand off to the next runner. Repeat cheering, support, good times. Keep up this relay style running for 50 miles until your adventure concludes at the finish line party. Collect your hard earned hardware, have a drink, eat some food.
Start times will be assigned to teams based on average team pace. Teams must have all runners added to their team page online before their start time can be assigned.
Start & Finish: Mala Compra Beach Park: 115 Mala Compra Rd, Palm Coast, FL 32137
Registration Fees 6 person teams (can run with less than 6):
• Early registration: Until July 31st: $360 ($60/runner)
• Regular registration: August 1st-September 15th: $420 ($70/runner)
• Late registration: September 16th-October 26th: $480 ($80/runner)
Registration Fees 2 person teams (Ultra team):
• Early registration: Until July 31st $150 ($75/runner)
• Regular registration: August 1st-September 15th: $170 ($85/runner)
• Late registration: September 16th-October 26th: $190 ($95/runner)
• Ultra teams are self-supported. Exchange points will not provide food, drinks, medical or supplies. Runners must plan ahead.
• Male – If everyone on your team is male OR if you have less than half women. (i.e. 4 men, 2 women).
• Female – If everyone on your team is female
• Coed – If your team has at least half women but not all women (i.e. 3 men, 3 women OR 4 women, 2 men, 5 women, 1 man).
• Ultra – 2 person team-Men's, Women's, Coed
Each team must have a designated team captain. The team captain must first register and pay the entire team registration.
The team captain will then invite team members to register. Standard teams are required to have a minimum of 3 team members but may have as many as 6. Ultra teams will have 2 runners, plus a designated driver.
Click HERE for the race guide.
Pace calculator HERE
Teams must use the pace calculator and compare arrival times to the holding times document listed at the bottom of the start time document. Contact RD if there are any concerns.
• Shirts to all runners
• Finisher medals to all finishers
• After party with food and drinks
• Chip timing
• Complimentary chiropractic adjustments, stretching and taping at exchange 4/6 & at the finish line provided by Palmer Chiropractic
• Awards ceremony
• Free Captain's Gift
Awards: Benefiting: The Sheltering Tree homeless shelter
• Top 3 Overall
• Top 3 men's, women's and co-ed regular teams
• Top 3 men's, women's and co-ed ultra teams
• Top male and female solo runners
• Most creative team vehicle
• Best team costumes
If any person on your team lives within Flagler County, your team will be required to provide one volunteer for the race. Sign up your volunteer online by October 26th. You also have the option to pay $50 and we'll provide a volunteer for you from our charity. If no one on your team lives in Flagler County you are exempt from providing a volunteer. Volunteers will be stationed at the start line, finish line and exchange points. Must be 18 years of age or older to volunteer (or with someone 18 years old or older). Assignments are first come first serve.
Benefiting Charity: The Sheltering Tree
CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: If the event has to be canceled due to Covid-19, the refund timeline will goes as follows:
Canceled by Sept 1st: Full refund (minus the Runsignup fee)
Canceled after Sept 1st but before Oct 1st: 50% refund (not including the Runsignup fee)
After October 1st: No refunds, 75% of fees will be transferred to 2020 (not including Runsignup fee)
If you have to cancel for other reasons, I will work with you on a case by case basis. If the event has to be canceled due to inclement weather there will be no refunds issued (this is the norm).
Any questions? Email me and we'll sort through it. [email protected]
-) 2020 race registration is open • Registration Information