_ The 2021 Fort Wayne Running Club presents The 26th Annual Runners on Parade 5k:
The Fort Wayne Running Club is proud to welcome back the 26th Annual Runners on Parade presented by Fort Wayne Orthopedics. The extraordinary year has necessitated some changes, but we are working with the Three Rivers Festival and local authorities to host one of the best summer 5k in downtown Fort Wayne, so we hope you can join us! We will have race shirts and awards this year, and we will have post-race snacks for you to enjoy. Packet pickup will occur on both the Friday 7/9/21 before the race at a location TBD and also on race morning 7/10/21 at Headwater Park starting at 6:30am. The race will start at 8:00am.
The Fort Wayne Running Club plans to follow governmental guidance and implement safety measures for the benefit of all participants. The following policies will be in place for this event:
1) The race will be limited to pre-registered runners. We hope you can join us, so sign up soon!
2) The course, which we will publish in the near future, will highlight the beautiful downtown districts.
3) Runners are encouraged but not required to take all necessary safety precautions on their own including, but not limited to, face masks, gloves and any other relevant PPE. Please take the personal precautions you feel are necessary for your own personal safety as we help open back up the running community
4) Once the course has been defined and further information is evaluated due to the changing situation and recommendations from local and state governments, the Fort Wayne Running club will determine whether wave starts will be necessary. We will provide more information on this item as soon as the directors have made a formal decision based on governmental guidance. and recommendations from RRCA
5) We love our volunteers, but we also plan to make sure they follow all recommendations for sanitation, cleanliness, and food handling. All volunteers will be given facemasks, gloves and/or hand sanitizer as deemed appropriate for their volunteer function.
6) All registered runners may need to agree to an updated waiver. Sorry, those legal people want to make sure we run a solid event in all respects. If we need you to sign an updated waiver, we will let you know!
7) We recommend that those feeling sick, ill, with fever or recently having been in contact with anyone unrecovered from COVID-19 not participate. If you have been infected within 14 days of the event, we ask that you not be present for the safety and health of other participants.
8) We also recommend that persons from high risk groups for COVID-19 consult their physician before participating
9) Do not engage in physical contact (hand shakes, high-fives, hugs, partner stretching, etc), group pictures/selfies. Also participants should maintain social distancing before, during and after the event as best possible. Do not share personal items.
10) Each participant will be responsible for their own hydration during the race, but bottled water will be available after the event for participants.
11) Participants whose actions are creating risk for themselves or others may be excluded from the event. Please be courteous to other participants!
We would love to see the camaraderie, elbow bumps and cheering again, so we hope you can join us for a great Runners on Parade!
Registration: Pre-registrated runners only, not race day signups! Also, no refunds or transfers.
Packet Pickup: July 9th TBD and July 10, 2021 at 6:30am at Headwaters park
DISCLAIMER: The route for 2021 has not yet been determined, but we will update you soon.
333 S Clinton St, Fort Wayne, IN 46802, USA
-) 2021 race registration is open • Registration Information
For the first time in it’s history the Eugene Marathon has been cancelled due to the Covid-19 Virus. The 2020 event had been scheduled for… ...
New study shows that following in the slipstream of another puts runners at risk of COVID-19. 2 Meters is an ok distance when only jogging,… ...
The Boston Athletic Association (B.A.A.) has been meeting regularly with city and state officials to discuss all updates related to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Governor Charlie… ...
If you’re a runner we’re pretty sure you’ve been in a similar situation where you strongly believe that you can push yourself go further… ...
According to a latest research conducted by Glasgow Caledonian University, people who use running as their main physical activity are happier than the rest… ...