_ The 2022 Stars, Stripes, & Strides:
Fit & Able is proud to launch the inaugural Stars, Stripes, & Strides event benefitting the USO. It's not quite a Veterans Day race but its pretty close and we hope you, your friends, and family will join us at our newest race at a park we love.
Their Mission: The USO strengthens America’s military service members by keeping them connected to family, home and country, throughout their service to the nation.
Since 1941, the USO has been the nation’s leading organization to serve the men and women in the U.S. military, and their families, throughout their time in uniform. From the moment they join, through their assignments and deployments, and as they transition back to their communities, the USO is always by their side. Today’s USO continuously adapts to the needs of our men and women in uniform and their families, so they can focus on their very important mission.
The USO is not part of the federal government. A congressionally chartered, private organization, the USO relies on the generosity of individuals, organizations and corporations to support its activities, and is powered by a family of volunteers to accomplish our mission of connection. The reach of the USO’s more than 250 centers extends to countries on every continent, operated by thousands of staff and volunteers whose goals are to match our service members’ vigilance and provide best-in-class service to those who sacrifice so much for America.
Virtual race options are also available for those runners who are participating from far away or aren't comfortable racing in-person yet. * Shipping included for virtual races.
Scroll down for more details about how you can win great prizes and swag by referring people to sign up with you!
Invite your friends and family to run together!
Stars, Stripes, & Strides is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Stars, Stripes, & Strides please email [email protected] for more information!
* * * Due to the constantly evolving pandemic situation any specific changes to event operations for protecting participant health and safety in compliance with the most up-to-date recommendations and requirements will be emailed to all registered participants prior to the race. A virtual component is available for all races for those runners who aren’t comfortable racing in person yet but still want to participate in the event. * * *
IN-PERSON RACE INFORMATION
* Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
* Final pre-race packet pickup and race day information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants and volunteers the week prior to the race.
Race Location: Fred G. Bond Metro Park (801 High House Rd., Cary, NC 27513). (Venue subject to change as permitted by local officials.)
Course Information: The course is around Bond Park with dirt, grass, paved, and natural trails with moderate to big hills; conditions depend on the weather prior to the event. The course is NOT USATF certified. GPS tracking apps are not suitable for measuring course distances accurately.
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All participants will have chip-timed results that will be posted online. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* No dogs or bikes permitted in the race.
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered in either the 5K, 10K , or Fun Run. Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Course Aid: An athletic trainer will be available at a medical tent located near the finish line. There will be a water station on the course and near the finish line. Water is also available at the registration and refreshment area.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets and can only pick up their own race packet. Early packet pickup details will be announced the week prior to the race.
Volunteers: We need your help! If you're available to assist us with registration, handing out water, and cheering on runners please sign up to volunteer between 8:00 AM -12:00 PM.Sign up through the link in the menu!
Race Souvenirs: Stars, Stripes, & Strides shirts are included with registration for all events until October 20th. * In-person race packets will not be shipped!
Awards: Awards are provided by Omega Sports and Fit & Able Productions. Award distribution information will be provided in pre-race email. Save your Stars, Stripes, & Strides bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Online registration closes on November 4th at 6 PM. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted at packet pick-up and race day between ONLY 9:00 - 9:30 AM.
-) 2022 race registration is open • Registration Information
2022 Results at: runsignup.com
For the first time in it’s history the Eugene Marathon has been cancelled due to the Covid-19 Virus. The 2020 event had been scheduled for… ...
New study shows that following in the slipstream of another puts runners at risk of COVID-19. 2 Meters is an ok distance when only jogging,… ...
The Boston Athletic Association (B.A.A.) has been meeting regularly with city and state officials to discuss all updates related to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Governor Charlie… ...
If you’re a runner we’re pretty sure you’ve been in a similar situation where you strongly believe that you can push yourself go further… ...
According to a latest research conducted by Glasgow Caledonian University, people who use running as their main physical activity are happier than the rest… ...