REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SUNDAY, JANUARY 9 AT 8:00AM
What's the best of part about doing a summer Backyard Ultra in Alaska? No headlamps needed! Join us in the land of the midnight sun for AKtive Soles inaugural Backyard Ultra. Race will be held at Government Peak Rec Area, the backyard of Alaska's favorite outdoor playground, Hatcher Pass.
A 4.167 mile loop through single track trails and grass paths with moderate elevation gains/losses.
1. All runners MUST be in the starting corral at the bell.
2. Each loop starts precisely on the hour and 1 hour after the last. (Warnings will be given 5, 3, and 1 minute before the bell.)
3. All runners must start at the bell. (Absolutely NO late starts.)
4. Except for restrooms, competitors may not leave the course until the loop has been completed.
5. No non competitors on the course. (This includes eliminated runners)
6. No crewing or outside aid during a loop.
7. Each loop must be completed within an hour to be counted….including the final loop.
8. No artificial aids. (trekking poles, etc.)
9. Slower runners must allow passes.
10. Runners are responsible for their personal aid and nutrition needs.
11. Water, coffee and a limited supply of prepackaged food items will be available throughout the race at start/finish.
12. Winner is the last person to complete a loop.
13. All other runners are classified as a DNF. (There is no second place!)
14. If no runner can complete one more loop than anyone else, there is no winner.
15. Absolutely NO whining or crying. You paid for this pain.
16. Have FUN! This is a great race to push yourself and see how many loops you can finish. JUST ONE MORE LOOP!
Race clock will run continuously after it starts at 7:00 am
Individual laps will not be timed. (Runners are free to keep track of their times on their own.)
_ The 2022 AKtive's Backyard Ultra:
ONLY laps will be counted by race officials.
Day of race from 5:45am - 6:30am
*Support services provided by the Matanuska Susitna Borough, Division of Recreation and Library Services*