_The 2022 Indy Runners & Walkers Spring Half Marathon Training:
We are looking forward to seeing you LIVE and IN-PERSON for the 2022 Indy Runners/Indy Walkers Spring Half-Marathon Training Program!
Your Indy Runners membership allows you to participate in the program with no extra fee, but we do ask that you register so we know who to expect.
The goals of the 2022 Indy Runners/Indy Walkers Half-Marathon Spring Training Program are to help all runners and walkers in central Indiana of all abilities and experience levels:
- Complete a spring half-marathon or other race
- Increase fitness, training knowledge and experience
- Develop relationships with other runners and walkers
Who is the program for?
- Beginning walkers and runners who have some experience and have set a goal to complete a half-marathon.
- Experienced runners and walkers who have competed in (and completed) one to many half-marathons.
What does it look like?
- Running or Walking! Meet for runs/walks on Tuesdays and Saturdays for 16 weeks prior to the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon.
- Learning! Participants gain a wealth of experience from volunteer coaches who offer encouragement and advice, dozens of experienced runners and walkers to talk to, and seminars in-person and online with experts.
- Socializing! Get to know people like you during runs and over snacks or pizza (3 times - thanks Hot Box Pizza) after runs.
What makes our program great?
- Our long history of supporting runners and walkers of all levels, dating back to 1986.
- Largest training program in Indiana (300+ participants per year! You’ll find someone at your pace!).
- Only training program providing a full array of volunteer coaches.
- Tuesday runs/walks primarily held along the Central Canal Towpath, a “softer” crushed limestone path.
- Saturday runs/walks with a wide variety of routes starting in Broad Ripple.
- Training runs/walks are led by experienced coaches. Participants are encouraged to team up with coaches and participants running or walking a similar pace.
- Recovery snacks after runs/walks.
- Knowledgeable guest speakers delivering informative seminars.
- Opportunity for consultation with sports medicine professionals and experienced runners/walkers.
- Social events.
- A printable training schedule with the perfect workout for you, no matter what your personal running or walking goals!
- Your 12 month Indy Runners and Walkers membership includes the Spring Training Program.
- Open to anyone who can run or walk three miles at the beginning of the program, of any ability or level of experience.
- In January and February, the program’s goal is to “build a fitness base” with workouts held primarily at a conversational pace. Those starting from a greater fitness base have the option to add mileage or workout intensity.
- In March and April, Tuesday runs/walks will continue with optional speed training, helping to build speed and efficiency.
Kickoff Expo and Packet Pick-Up
The kickoff expo is Tuesday, January 11, 2022 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Hinkle Fieldhouse. Details coming soon!
Training Program Contact Info
If you have any questions about this training program, please contact the spring training program director at [email protected].