_ The 2022 Kendra's Race:
The annual Kendra's Race Sprint Triathlon and 5k run features a scenic course through Santa Barbara, Goleta and the University of California, Santa Barbara campus. With an 800 meter ocean swim, flat and fast 13 mile bike around the Santa Barbara airport, and a 5K run along the bluffs near the beach, this is sure to be a race you never forget! Your registration includes a FREE training plan up to race day to prepare you! Proceeds go to benefit the UCSB Triathlon Team and the Kendra Chiota Payne Memorial Fund.
• The swim course consists of a 0.5 mile ocean swim starting at Campus Point Beach, a public access beach located adjacent to UCSB's east campus.
• The swim course is a point-to-point swim, with entrance and exit on a sandy beach.
• After exiting the water participants will ascend the beach access stairway to the transition area.
• The ocean water is generally quite chilly this time of year, so wetsuits are strongly recommended.
• The bike course consists of a 16 mile loop through the City of Goleta and Santa Barbara County.
• The first 8 kilometers of the course are on a bike path that is closed to vehicle traffic, but open to pedestrians and other cyclists.
• The next 13 kilometers are on a counter-clockwise loop that is open to traffic with a few slightly rolling hills, the final 5 kilometers are back on the bike path that leads the participants through campus and to the transition area. Throughout the course there are a number of sections that are comprised of both fast and slow S-curves and turns that will require caution and care.
• These areas are well-marked, however, a pre-race ride of the course is highly recommended.
• The majority of the bike course is flat and very fast.
• Please use extreme care at all intersections.
• Although all major intersections will be controlled by Goleta or County Police, the bike route will take riders through a number of uncontrolled residential areas.
• The run course consists of a 1-loop run over a rolling 3.1 mile course, running clockwise along the bluffs of UCSB next to the ocean.
• The course transitions from pavement to loose dirt and sand to hard packed trails around the lagoon and has a section of single-track path before the first mile.
• This may likely be the most scenic and beautiful oceanfront run course that you will race on this year.
2021 Results: not available ???
2020 Results: Sprint / Relay / 5K / Menu / Photos or USAT
2019 Results at: synergyracetiming.com or USAT
2018 Results at: usatriathlon.org or athlinks.com
2017 Results at ucsbtri.com: Individual / Relay / 5K or USAT
2016 Results at: synergyracetiming.com
2015 Results at: synergyracetiming.com
2014 Results at TriFind: Overall / Collegiate / Relay / 5K or USAT
2013 Results at: athlinks.com or USAT
2012 Results at: athlinks.com or USAT
2011 Results: Race Cancelled
2010 Results at: athlinks.com or USAT
2009 Results at: athlinks.com or USAT
2008 Results at: athlinks.com
2007 Results at: athlinks.com
2006 Results at: athlinks.com
2005 Results at TriFind: Overall / Collegiate / Relay
2004 Results at TriFind: Overall / Collegiate / Relay
For the first time in it’s history the Eugene Marathon has been cancelled due to the Covid-19 Virus. The 2020 event had been scheduled for… ...
The Steamtown Marathon is held in northeastern Pennsylvania on the Sunday before Columbus Day. The annual event draws over 1,000 athletes every year. The 26.2… ...
New study shows that following in the slipstream of another puts runners at risk of COVID-19. 2 Meters is an ok distance when only jogging,… ...
The Boston Athletic Association (B.A.A.) has been meeting regularly with city and state officials to discuss all updates related to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Governor Charlie… ...
If you’re a runner we’re pretty sure you’ve been in a similar situation where you strongly believe that you can push yourself go further… ...
According to a latest research conducted by Glasgow Caledonian University, people who use running as their main physical activity are happier than the rest… ...