_ The 2022 National Snowshoe Beer Mile:
The National Snowshoe Beer Mile is back for our 6th year!!
We will once again feature 4 races:
1. Traditional Beer Mile (4 beers + 4 laps)
2. Half Beer Mile (2 beers + 4 laps)
3. Open Beer Mile (you decide # of drinks + equal # of laps)
4. Four-Person "Tower" Relay Race (teams of 4: shot/lap + wine/lap + mixed drink/lap + beer/lap)
**Snowshoes must be worn during the entire event. There a no current restrictions on type or size of snowshoe. Participants must furnish their own snowshoes.
-1:00pm-- Arrive at Fox Run, sign up for your races, buy your drinks, mingle.
-1:50pm-- Announcements, Rules, National Anthem
-2:00pm-- Full Beer Mile race
-2:40pm-- Half Beer Mile & Open Mile races
-3:20pm-- 4-Person Tower Relay Race: you do NOT need to pre-register for this race BUT can if you want to. You may also have a pre-determined group of 4 "runners" or can enter to randomly assigned teams (this is what most people do and what better way to meet some new runner that also like beer!)
-4:00pm-- Awards Ceremony
YOU MAY ENTER AND DO NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AS WELL. YOU WILL BE IN A SEPARATE "OPEN" CATEGORY.
1. Each competitor drinks four cans of beer and runs four laps to equal 1 mile total. Half beer mile will drink two cans and run four laps
Start - Beer/Lap - Beer/Lap - Beer/Lap - Beer/Lap - Finish
2. Beer must be consumed before the lap has begun, within the transition area. Transition area is the marked area before the finish/start line.
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the transition zone. This ensures the competitors run a complete mile.
Beer (and non-alcoholic beverages) must be purchased at the Fox Run Tavern prior to the race. NO CARRY-INS ALLOWED.
4. Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner. No shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top.
5. Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume. Any beverage may be used for the open event.
6. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race. Penalty lap needs to be completed after the completion of the fourth lap
Event is FREE for participation however ALL beverages must be purchased through Fox Run Tavern