_ The 2022 Dad's Day Dash:
It is our 10th Anniversary - join us for a great race!
We will be in-person at Manito Park on June 19th. For those living out of the area, or who aren’t ready for an event with others, we will have our virtual race available too!
All prices for virtual participants and family categories include a free shirt – in-person individuals can add one on starting at $6! Sizes not guaranteed after June 1st.
'JOIN' us the weekend of June 18-19! See our Facebook event page to stay updated on the fun elements we are planning!
As our second largest fundraiser of the year, we rely on funds this event brings in to help keep our programs available to your neighbors who want to maximize their potential!
1. Register as an In-person or Virtual individual or a Family Team to do a 5k or 1-mile - share your registration on Facebook and a referral code with your friends for extra discounts!
2. Everyone can join our Facebook event and take advantage of opportunities to win prizes leading up to race weekend – like Training BINGO other options for chances to win raffle prizes and great deals offered by our sponsors.
3. We will set up socially distanced packet pickups (Dates TBD) at area Chase locations. In-person participants can pick up on event morning at Manito Park. For those virtual participants who cannot attend a packet pickup, we will mail your packet to the address you provided with your registration. If you register prior to end of business on Wednesday, 6.15, you should receive your packet prior to the race weekend if you live in the Spokane area. Registrations on Thursday will not be guaranteed to receive their packets before the race weekend; sorry for any inconvenience.
4. EVENT TIME!
Virtual runners can do their race sometime during the weekend of June 17-19. You can walk, jog, run, or race a 1mile or 5k route. Have fun, take pics and upload them, go your own pace! Post pics to our Instagram using hashtags #SNAPDash5k and #DashTogetherApart for extra raffle entries.
Day of packet pickup - if you plan to pick up your packet on race day morning, you will get your race bib at the designated location PRIOR to the event start. You can then pick up your race shirt AFTER you complete the race - this will minimize backups at the registration table prior to the race and save you from having to stash your shirt during the race.
In-person participants will have a mass start at 9am. For those not feeling comfortable with a mass start, the start line will be open from 9-9:15am, so you can start after the main group goes. Runners should plan to follow any up-to-date masking guidelines on the day. Event elements at the race finish will be limited to minimize congregating.
5. Following the virtual ‘race’ you can upload your result to our results page and see where you finished up. Or keep it to yourself, knowing that you are the WINNER that you are! In-person participants will have results posted as normal, though standings will change as the event progresses, since people will be starting and finishing on a rolling basis. Awards will be provided for top finishers in the Elite categories only upon crossing the finish line.
6. Feel awesome the rest of the day, month, year – you helped make amazing things possible by supporting SNAP and your neighbors!
Then get ready for next year, when we plan to be back in Manito Park celebrating Dads, families, walkers, runners, and SNAP Supporters!
We are so grateful to our generous sponsors who are stepping up to help us make this event great and stay on target for much needed revenue! Please see the listing of them below and support these local businesses! We are going to have some great promos and prizes to offer from some of them for participants too!!
SNAP is a 501c3 not-for-profit serving Spokane County residents who strive to exit poverty and build a better life. Last year we served more than 41,000 people with energy assistance, small business loans, housing, home repairs and more. All proceeds from this event directly benefit SNAP's mission to provide access and connection to resources that create opportunities, with dignity, for people of low income.
2021 Results at: raceentry.com