_ The 2022 Kick for Kenya and Clean Water:
Please join us on Saturday morning, May 21st, for the 2022 Kick for Kenya and Clean Water 5K!
Run for a cause - all proceeds from the race will be used to provide a home for a multigenerational family in need in rural eastern Kenya this summer plus clean water for communities throughout Africa. The home will serve as a model for the community, incorporating an innovative new fireplace design developed by a Boise State Public Health professor in consultation with collaborators in Kenya that greatly improves indoor air quality for vulnerable women, infants, and children.
Registration, Entry Fees, and Donations
- Early bird pricing is $35 (the cost to provide a K-8 child in Kenya with education for a month) per entrant registered by Saturday, May 14th.
- Note that $25 of the $35 entry fee is considered tax deductible.
- Entry fee goes up to $45 (cost to provide day high school for a child in Kenya) through Wednesday, May 18th.
- Additional donations (any amount) also welcome.
- Sorry, no day of race registration available.
Packet Pickup and Parking
- Pre-race packet pickup will be available in the Eastwind Community Church lobby (4750 S Surprise Way, Boise, ID 83716) before and after the 9:30 AM and 11 AM services on Sunday, May 15th.
- Day of race packet pickup will run 8-9 AM in the Eastwind Community Church parking lot on Saturday, May 21st.
- Day of race parking will be available across the street at Eagle Christian Church (4601 S Surprise Way, Boise, ID 83716).
- Note that because the start/finish line is located in the Eastwind Community Church parking lot, the lot will be closed from 8 AM to noon, so please plan accordingly.
- Carpooling or biking to the race is highly encouraged.
- Accurate out-and-back course on flat, scenic bike path
- Course marshals at all intersections for traffic control
- Mile splits
- Aid station near turnaround
- Post-race food and party
- Great prizes for top finishers and more!